Re: Bits from the DPL: DSA and buildds and DAM, oh my!

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

>> > Your opinions are only ever going to be considered in so far as you're
>> > willing to help make them a reality. If you're not willing to help,
>> > find something else to worry about.
>> So you think that from the project's point of view it is okay if nobody
>> can expect basic "support" from core infrastructure teams?
>
> I think we're talking about different things, so the following's a bit
> verbose in hopes that it makes it a bit clearer.
>
> If they don't do it, and it's important, someone else will.

That is a lie, at least in that general phrasing.

If I ask "Could someone please look into the buildd chroot on $foo and
tell me whether ...", and the people who I asked and are able to do that
will not do it, *nobody* will do it.

The case of buildds also seems to prove the opposite, but I'm not going
into that since too much issues are mixed there, and I'm not personally
involved.

Regards, Frank

--
Dr. Frank Küster