Re: Debian on Causes (Facebook and MySpace)

Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:
> Facebook and Myspace are obviously not same as the recent identi.ca.
> Some of the walled-gardens are opening up their APIs which is a start
> but not on par with identi.ca's open service model and AGPL. [...]

I'm still unsure about the AGPL use fees, as you can read elsewhere,
but identi.ca is a damn sight better for openness, but can we use
identi.ca to help debian or SPI fundraise?  How?  Should members tag
themselves #spi and #debian and maybe post links to the donations
pages?  Should we track those words when tracking is implemented?  I
really don't know.

Ass you'd expect, I mutter to http://identi.ca/mjray about SPI
meetings...  I'm also on LinkedIn but I have already been threatened
with deletion from Facebook for advertising on it for charity, so I'm
not doing much there any more.  UK CSO people can find me on
unltdworld.com but sadly elgg sites don't network yet.

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)