Re: DEP-4: TDeb specification

(Please keep me CC'd on replies to debian-project but not on
debian-devel.)

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:41:43 +0000
Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> Neil Williams writes ("Re: DEP-4: TDeb specification"):
> > On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:17:41 +0000
> > Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> > > This is all very well but err, are we supposed to review this or
> > > what ?  I don't think your automatic mail containing only metadata is
> > > really useful to prompt a discussion.
> >
> > The commit hook failed and the actual paper doesn't seem to have been
> > generated.
>
> Oh, right.
> Ok, well, I'll wait for the machinery to be sorted out and then we can
> talk about the actual proposal.

The machinery isn't quite 100% yet but there is enough for the
discussions to actually start on debian-devel. I'm preparing that email
now.

For those on -project:
http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/*checkout*/dep/web/deps/dep4.mdwn

The SGML is also accessible in svn.debian.org:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/dep/web/deps/Draft.sgml?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

The generated ikiwiki formatting:
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep4/

The easier-to-read debian-docbook as HTML:
http://dep.debian.net/deps/Draft.sgml

Personally, I consider the SGML as "the preferred form for
modification" as I expect that to be the version that ends up being
the "finished version" - although if someone is able to adapt the
mdwn into a similar format with a table of contents, sections and links
then I'd be happy to use that.

Further information from the recent FOSDEM talk on TDebs:
PDF:
http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2009/fosdem/slides/TDebs_draft_specification/tdeb-fosdem-2009.pdf

Video:
http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2009/fosdem/low/TDebs_draft_specification.ogg