Re: DAM and NEW queues processing

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 02:43:53PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I said that I considered some people ready to start NM, because I was
> sure that they would be perfectly ready to be a DD by the end of the NM
> process (i.e a year and a half later, basically), and that they would be
> good NM applicants (modulo the usual delays and motivation problems).

You considered people ready to start NM while the project did not (i.e.
they were not ready by the time they applied, as required by the
project).

Just two people is really a bad set to draw any conclusions from. I
would appreciate if you would acknowledge that advocating people early
will be a problem for the NM process and for Debian in general in the
long term, and should not be done.

Basically, you're putting yourself above those other DDs who are being
ignored by Front-Desk for early advocating on the premise that your
judgement would be perfect.

Michael