Re: user support - Shapado instance for Debian

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Fernando C. Estrada <fcestrada@fcestrada.com> wrote:
El mié, 29-09-2010 a las 10:04 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli escribió:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:39:13PM -0500, Fernando C. Estrada wrote:
> > I like the idea, currently I'm in the Shapado instance for Debian [1]
> > but unfortunately has not had the expected activity.
>
> That's unsurprising, given that we haven't really advertised it in any
> way. I've nothing against doing that myself, but I don't like the idea
> of doing that for an instance we don't own. So, the first step is
> checking if someone is willing to setup and administer a Shapado
> instance within the Debian community. In the beginning, that can easily
> be setup as "shapado.debian.net".
>
> Are you interested Fernando? Anyone else?

I want to collaborate but really I do not feel qualified to install and
manage a Shapado instance, of course if someone install it I'll help as
needed.

Just checking into it.. Looks like a very cool.. And it looks like setup is fairly straightforward http://browserthings.com/installing-shapado-on-debian-lenny/ Unfortunately I don't have the bandwidth to take on this as an ongoing responsibility,  but I might be able to squeeze in some time to get an initial instance up and running. (Or help on that front).

One thought, if no-one feels comfortable supporting it, we could reach out to the Shapado developers and see if they might be willing to help maintain an instance hosted on "Debian infrastructure".

On that side, if you need a place to park the instance, I would be willing to provide a suitable sized VM for that purpose. (Presuming it doesn't end up becoming the most popular site on the internet, in which case we'd have to find a new home). :)

Cheers,
Brian

Regards,
--