Re: QTS ( was Re: user support - Shapado instance for Debian)

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 07:49, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <rrs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 07 Oct 2010 01:12:37 Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
>> > Ultimately, all this information gets publically archived/mined and
>> > serves as useful information.
>> > ==
>>
>> One solution: all package maintainers subscribe to debian-user, and
>> set filters on their respective packages. Would this be sub-optimal?
>
> That does not solve the problem. A year later, when a user wants to see all
> queries regarding a specific package, he needs to run through search engines
> and mailing list archives.
>
> Data that is not organized is useless.
>

> PS: Now that we have shapado running I hope we can soon do something to
> implement a QTS.

Shapado is a form of QTS, in a sense that if someone asks the some Q,
you can just provide a link to some answer from the mailing list,
Also, in my case, I asked some question and the maintainer actually
have me an answer
(http://ask.debian.net/questions/default-python-for-debian-7-0).

I know it's a trade-off, but your QTS sounds like overkill; it's yet
another system. Rather, promote Shapado to package maintainers, and
maybe they can subsribe to a tag or something. In fact, I like the
format so much that Shapado should be THE place to ask Debian-related
questions, just like StackOverflow is THE place to ask programming
questions.

note: THE doesn't imply ONLY

--
blog: http://tshepang.tumblr.com