Re: QTS ( was Re: user support - Shapado instance for Debian)

On Thursday 07 Oct 2010 22:50:02 Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > You also get email notifications if you so wish if you got a new
> > answer. Go have a look and see (ask.debian.net). It's quite a good
> > idea.
>
> I already have and have seen similar webapps before, but I'm looking for
> a way to not use the web interface at all, like with the BTS (which
> doesn't even have a web interface).

Exctly my point. What all places can we expect people to track ?
We already have:
* Regular Mails
* Mailing Lists
* RSS Feeds

Out BTS is so efficient because of the email interface. I can and will respond
to emails in my mailbox. But browsing through pages daily might not be
something I'll be interested for long.
I like the way the LKML folks have organized their communication channel.
First, of, CCing relevant and involved parties irrespective of their
subscription status.
Also the b.k.o comments are updated with regular email updates.

Ritesh

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com