Re: etherpad clone on debian.net

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 09:29:02PM +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:
> Being the fellow DD behind titanpad I just want to join the discussion.

Ah, nice, thanks for the service mikap :-)

> I talked to my titanpad colleagues, the redirect of
> titanpad.debian.net to debian.titanpad.com should be possible from
> our POV and we would support this. The redirect itself needs to be
> created by Debian.

I've just setup titanpad.debian.net as a CNAME for debian.titanpad.com.

I'm tempted to do the same for etherpad.d.n (as a quite popular name for
the software titanpad seem to be derived from), but I don't know if
you've reasons to have a different name or not ..., let me know.

> I'm also the owner of http://debian.titanpad.com/ and would be happy
> to hand this private space over to you as well (or whoever should
> receive it for the project).

I guess the original request was about having a space, possibly Debian
"branded", where to easily get public fire and forget pads, a-la
paste.debian.net, but with the goodies of titanpad. Also, it would be
nice if the URLs could stay under titanpad.debian.net, so that one might
imagine moving away in the future without breaking URLs.

I'm not sure which kind of tuning titanpad needs for that, but right now
titanpad.d.n ends up on a screen requesting login (this, I guess, is
because debian.titanpad.com is not configured yet). If you could do the
needed tuning yourself, wearing your DD hat, that would be awesome.
Otherwise we can just ask for volunteers as admins.

Thanks a lot for your support!
Cheers.

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams