Re: Review of personal information sources in Debian

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 6:24 AM, Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org> wrote:
> I've recently done a review of personal information sources in Debian,
> which I'd like to share here both because I don't think this has been
> done before, and to check if I missed anything.

Coincidentally, I've been thinking about this issue recently. While
thinking about the design for the Whois project I'm planning [1], one
stumbling block I find is that there are many unsynchronised sources
of (public) personal information in Debian, and most important, that
there is not a single identity provider to sync them.

Sounds like you may be working on something like that, and in that
case I'd be interested in being involved. I think a service that
provides a centralised database of identities, which allows each
person to tailor how their identity is exposed, would be very helpful,
and would allow to improve many other services that currently rely on
incomplete identity information, specially for non-D[DM]s.

[1] http://beta.howtorecognise.mine.nu/blog/whois.html