Debian 64bit information on website

Dear Sirs,

A long time Debian user I still have friends asking me where to find a 64bit distro to run on INTEL processors. When pointing out that the AMD64 distro is the way to go I always got questions why it is named AMD64 vs. i386.

Users normally do associate Intel and AMD to be two different sets.

Could this information on the website be made available more prominently? Directly on the download locations of the "how to get Debian" instead of the wiki or the FAQ?

It would be interesting to have a look at todays downloads, I suspect that the 32 bit versions are still more prominent.

Regards

Marc

--
error_hotmail@brushdesign.com <error_hotmail@brushdesign.com>