Re: third-party packages adding apt sources

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 04:39:24PM +0000, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> > Hell, teams packaging Mozilla-soft and PostgreSQL are DDs maintaining
> > *external archives* because it's easier.
>
> This indicates that our procedures are too hard.  That needs to be fixed.
> Maybe people from those teams are reading this and can comment on it?

FWIW, I'm maintaining mozilla.debian.net because we still don't have no
freaking PPAs despite the announcement a few years ago that we would have
them soon. I'm not holding my breath. Also because the process for
backports doesn't allow things that are not in testing to be in
backports, which means it is not possible to have a non ESR firefox
there.

Mike