Re: Re: UEFI Secure Boot sprint report

On Mon, 2018-05-14 at 22:05 +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Thanks, your explanation is really helpful.
>

> > The signing service is a source package builder.
>
>  It build source package but its source package is based on built binary package?
>  As I understand, singing to binary is necessary step.

Right.

> 1. source package
> 2. -> upload to dak
> 3. -> passed to buildd
> 4. -> binary package built

And one of those binary packages is a "template" for the source
package.  This is documented on the Etherpad, but in short it contains
an unpacked source package with everything except the signatures, plus
a configuration file specifying which binaries in which packages need
to be signed.

> 5. -> singing service pull those
> 6. -> source package built

This is the template source package plus all the (detached) signatures
that were specified in the configuration.

> 7. -> dak, again
> 8. -> buildd, again

Here there are build-dependencies on the previously built binaries, and
the build process adds the detached signatures to those binaries.

> 9. -> dak passes those to repo
>

>  And in previous report
>
> > We're still missing (partially or completely):
> > - generate a signing template for GRUB2
> > - have DAK accept those generated source-only uploads
>
>  This is 7th step in above, right?

The second point (have DAK accept ...) is part of step 7, yes.  It
seems to have been implemented now.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism. - Harrison