Re: Censorship in Debian

Hi,

On Fri, 21 Dec 2018, Adam Borowski wrote:
> Thank you for illustrating so well why Daniel's words were spot on.  Your
> response is exactly why censorship must not be tolerated in Debian.

Such a message is not constructive and actually hurts any further
discussion. First of all, while it may be obvious to you, I don't see
in what way Russ's response "illustrates Daniel's word". But I'm not
sure that I want to read your justification, you seem to have a very
low level of empathy for other persons' feelings.

Anyway, nobody has been censored here. It looks like some people including
Norbert and Daniel have had inappropriate behavior that have been reported
to the anti-harassment team. That team made decisions and acted, even in
coordination with the Debian Account Managers.

The persons who are the target of those actions have received a detailed
explanation of the actions taken and of their justification. AFAIK they
are free to publish the details if they wish to. But the policiy of the
anti-harassment team is to not publicly shame people so they don't do that
themselves.

Norbert seems to have stepped back in response:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-tex-maint/2018/12/msg00019.html

Daniel seems to not follow the same route, instead he seems to engage
in some public mud-fight. This has never been successful in the past.
It reminds me of the case of Sven Luther. But it's always a painful
experience for all parties.

So pretty please, to all the followers, think twice before engaging
in this discussion and re-read any message twice before sending it.

Thank you.
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer