Re: Censorship in Debian

Hi everyone,

(please Cc me, I am not subscribed to d-p)

first of all thanks to Daniel for bringing this up and standing up for
me, this is very much appreciated.

For those not aware of the issue, here is *my* view onto the events.
AH and DAM can answer and provide their own interpretation. I will try
to stay as objective as it is possible for me.

2018/09/21
	I published the post "Sharp did it again" [1] using "it" as pronoun
-same day-
	Chris Lamb disabled my blog on Planet based on "it"
2018/09/22
	based on suggestions and explanations from others but Lamb I
	update the blog to use "they"
2018/09/24
	Chris Lamb re-enables my blog on Planet
2018/11/26
	I published the post "On Lars Wirzenius, Fun, and Debian" [2]
2018/11/27
	Laura Arjona Reina disables my blog on Planet
2018/11/28
	I respond to Laura Arjona Reina's email asking for clarification
	due to the explanation being unclear to me (see attached email 1)
2018/12/04
	Due to absence of any answer at all, I enable my blog on Planet,
	but remove the post about Lars Wirzenius from the respective
	RSS feed
2018/12/17
	The DAM sends me an email about demotion to Debian Maintainer
	based on a set of emails mostly from 2012-2014 during the
	discussions on systemd and coc:
		2012: 1 email
		2013: 7 emails
		2014: 5 emails
		2015: 1 email
		2016: 0 emails
		2017: 2 emails
		2018: 2 emails
	some of these emails are actually not from me, but these are the
	emails used as argumentation (see attached email 2)

Points I consider disturbing:
* AH never answered my questions, and above that I assume that the
  email the called out in their recent "bit from the anti harassement team"
  about being "a harassment of the team" is my email.
  I ask everyone to judge by himself whether my email as attached is to
  be considered harassment.
* The demotion to Debian Maintainer is - as far as I read the
  consitution [3], the delegation of DAM [4], and the DAM Wiki page
  about their rights and powers [5], not legit since besides expulsion
  there is not procedure laid out for demotion, but I refrained from
  raising this for the sake of peace.

There are more disturbing things going on where I suspect that members
of Debian have taken unduly influence on procedures concerning me, but
since I don't have proofs I cannot raise them here.

Coming back to the argumentation of DAM, I agree that back in 2012-2014
I have written a few strong emails during the systemd and coc
discussion. Not to defense myself, but I have the feeling that I was not
the only one. Furthermore, most of the emails cited by DAM clearly
predate the CoC, and the emails after installment of the CoC are, in my
opinion just simply frank and staight.

Anyway, this is the status. I invite everyone to form his/her own
opinion. As I posted on the Debian TeX ML, I will not be doing an awful
lot of work for Debian due to this demotion. I still think that Debian
is the best Linux distribution - but *only* due to the excellent work of
its developers.

Best

Norbert

[1] https://www.preining.info/blog/2018/09/sharp-did-it-again/
[2] https://www.preining.info/blog/2018/11/on-lars-wirzenius-fun-and-debian/
[3] https://www.debian.org/devel/constitution
[4] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2018/03/msg00001.html
[5] https://wiki.debian.org/DAManager
Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer
--- Begin Message ---
Dear Laura,

thanks for your email.

To make things clear from the start: Unless explicitely stated below,
I do not consider this email communication private and will publicize it
if need arises. Thanks for your understanding.

Now to the matter at hand. I am a bit surprised that without even one
word of notice you have disabled by blog on Planet Debian. Furthermore,
I consider the explanation of your verdict unclear and bare of any
argumentation, and thus ask you to answer the following questions:

Question 1: persistent pattern of disrespectful communication

You state that
	... evaluate your long term behaviour, ...
	... persistent pattern of disrespectful communication towards
	other members of the community.
without providing any evidence. I have been contacted once by Chris Lamb
(in Cc in case you want to verify my statements) about my blog
	Sharp did it again [1]
where I used the incorrect pronoun. Within 24h I have updated the blog
  original email by Chris: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 17:20:22 +0100
  mail about update by me: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 05:09:42 +0900
  second update by me:     Sat, 22 Sep 2018 08:29:47 +0900
Besides this, please point me to other instances of
	disrespectful communication towards other members
(besides, Sharp is not a member of Debian).

I have published about 400 or more posts on my site. Please explain me
what your definition is of
	persistent pattern
even if you take the above one into account, and how your definition
applies to me.

Question 2: tone that is inappropriate for Planet Debian
My post consists mostly of quotes from blogs aggregated on Debian
Planet. Where in specific is the "inappropriate tone"?

Furthermore, this post is modeled after Lars Wirzenius original post
	On Norbert Preining, Sarah Sharp, and Debian [2]
Please explain why his post is not considered "inappropriate" and he has
not been banished from Debian Planet!

Question 3: not to harm
I clearly stated my gratitude for his long work for Debian, despite our
obvious differences in opinions. I honor his work, even if I disagree
with some things Lars has proposed and forwarded within Debian.
Please explain why you feel like this post is harming, in particular
who, how, and why?