Re: conspiracies and character assassination in the name of Debian?

Dear Daniel.

Daniel Pocock - 27.12.18, 05:41:
> On 21/12/18 09:25, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> > I agree with Russ that your framing of this is absolutely abhorrent.
> > Your continued justification of it is digging a bigger hole. I beg
> > you, please take a step back and reconsider your approach here
> > before continuing along these lines.
>
> There is clear evidence of character assassination.  I'd like to thank
> all those who responded after my cash bounty offer.  Once again, I
> regret that we are in this situation where such methods are
> necessary.

I do not intend to comment on the other stuff discussed here, … as I
clearly do not have a complete picture of what is going on, just
fragments.

However, I see setting bounties for "denouncing" people as harmful to
the Debian project.

I have no issue with you stepping up for Norbert. I have no issue with
you standing up for the cause you chose. But I strongly disagree with
the approach you used. I highly recommend that you reconsider your it.

From what I see it would be most beneficial if the people who are
involved would just meet and speak about it from person to person or at
least in some kind of voice conference call. Maybe with a help of a
mediator, who is clearly not involved with the issue to be cleared up.

Continuing accusations on this list are, in my point of view, not going
to help healing what has been wounded.

Best,
--
Martin