Re: Announcing miniDebConf Montreal 2020 -- August 6th to August 9th 2020

Hi Jonathan (2020.02.18_16:29:34_+0000)
> I haven't publicly said this before, but I believe it was a big mistake:
>
>  * Not having a bid committee for that vote

I don't know how necessary a bid committee has been, since the change
from DebConf chairs to the DebConf Committee. This is a big enough pool
of delegated people, that it doesn't seem necessary to create another
team just for bid evaluation.

I'm interested in hearing counter-arguments to that :)

>  * Making it a private vote
>  * Not announcing the the DCC would be the bid committee
>    nor that it would be a private vote

Agreed to those (as I also said at the time). I think it was obvious to
us early on in the DC20 decision process that we'd want to do this
privately. We should have announced that.

In DC21, we've ended up somewhere near there for different reasons:

The bids weren't ready for voting yet, at the first or second review
meeting, all the teams went off with issues to address, after both.

If they'd all been ready, or there was a stand-out bid that was, they
could have been voted on, there and then.

They're now at the point where we can make a selection.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/