Re: Salsa as authentication provider for Debian

On 10 April 2020 12:05:42 BST, Felix Lechner <felix.lechner@lease-up.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>As a group, we are driving Enrico up the wall. Let's just get rid of
>the old stuff now and have a discussion about keycloak and
>lemonldap-ng at the same time.

I fully support this statement also please remember that  perfect is the enemy of good.

Waldi and Enrico presented a good and viable solution for existing situation which is not blocking nor forbidding anybody to work on another approach in the future.

I understand that there is big appetite from DSA and others to implement comprehensive and maintainable ID and user management in Debian.
As far as I'm able to understand presented proposal there is nothing in it that would prevent future or even parallel implementation of other solutions.

So, please people let them do what they proposed and in the mean time work on the future solution which could be plugged in to what will emerge after Enrico and Waldi are done.

kula