Re: How do you manage debian mails on your mailbox?

Hello,

On Sun 28 Aug 2022 at 09:53AM -07, Russ Allbery wrote:

> I have a group that's designed to catch mail from mailing lists that I
> subscribed to but didn't add a split rule for, and I go through and
> add split rules for those messages, or things that show up in my
> personal inbox that I don't want there, from time to time.  For
> example, right now I have about five messages from order notifications
> for takeout from local restaurants that are sitting in my inbox
> waiting for me to have five minutes to write split rules so that they
> sort into mail.food instead.

A big advantage of having such a group is that then you can feel very
free to subscribe to random mailing lists just to make a post, and you
know all the new mail isn't going to flood your real inbox views/groups.

I achieve this by programmatically constructing a notmuch query of "not A
or not B or not C ..." where A, B and C are my existing mailing list
inboxes.

--
Sean Whitton