Re: Evolving away from source package realms

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 04:09:54PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Is there some way right now for me to say "any Debian contributor with
> upload rights should feel free to merge changes and upload this package
> without needing to consult me at all, and I will subscribe to the packages
> feed for the package and say something if something happens that I don't
> like" with a packaging repository on Salsa?  And if not, would that be a
> good way to start?

In my understanding this is exactly the purpose of the Debian group on salsa.
As [1] says:
 Direct commits to repositories in the Debian group by any Debian developer are
 implicitly welcome. No pre-commit coordination (e.g. merge-request or mail) is
 expected.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/Doc#Collaborative_Maintenance:_.22Debian.22_group