Re: Question about contributing to debian financially.

I have an additional question for if I were to hire someone personally
to maintain certain debian packages. What happens with the security
team if a package has no maintainer and a security vulnerability is
found? Does the security team recompile the package with the patch
even if there is no maintainer? Is it more difficult to get involved
with the security team or maintainers team?