Re: Request about Debian License

Hey,

AFAIK you can use Debian freely as far as:
1. you advertise it as a Debian based OS.
2. you provide sources to all changes in Debian with the same license as Debian.

در سه‌شنبه, فوریه 6 2024 at ۱۹:۰۳:۴۱ +09:00:00, Jiyoung Wee <jywee0922@gmail.com> نوشته بود:
Hello, Team,

I have a request about Debian License Policy.

This is our case.
1. For the OS for our appliance product, we use "A" OS(tentative name).
2. "A" OS is based on Debian OS.
3. We only modify "lsb_release" information so that the OS name,"A" OS, shows instead of Debian OS when commanded.
4. We install PSU, RAID, NIC drivers on the OS.
5. Other than that, we do not customize Debian OS.
6. We sell our appliance product to end-users.

Do we have the right to use Debian OS freely based on the GNU General Public License?
Would you please guide us whether we are using the Debian OS illegally or not?

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Thank you. Regards,
JY