Salsa stats for the curious

Hi,

as recent discussions have shown, many do not know what our current git
hosting thingie is actually doing for us, here a few numbers, so you all
get a feel for the size:

Salsa, it being a Gitlab instance, currently

* hosts 76323 projects,
* has 14583 users,
* within 726 groups.

Those have created

*  30992 forks,
*  60229 merge requests,
*  13615 issues,
* 471081 notes,
*    397 snippets,
*    329 milestones

and 7184 ssh keys are used to access this.

The VM this all runs on has 8 cores and 32g RAM (of which gitlab eats
around 9G - funnily the largest single user of RAM is the backup
softwares file daemon using some 4G alone). The sidekiq process records
more than 11 million processed jobs.

And last - it currently takes around 2.2 Tb of disk space - that's git
repos mainly. The postgres database gitlab uses "only" eats around 51G
disk space.

This, of course, leaves out anything acting as a runner. There are a
bunch, they do lots of work, for sure, but I havent taken a look at
them for this.

I (really) do wonder how other forges would deal with this, though
nowadays the options available do look way different, than when Gitlab
was chosen. Though, if ever anyone wants to do it, changing doesn't
appear simple.

--
bye, Joerg