Re: Debian 11.10 release date enquiry

Thanks for the clarification, Adam. I just realised I am after the security update for 11.9 and have re-posted my question to the cloud team. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

From: Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41
am
To: Devidas Shanbhag, Amrutha <Amrutha.DevidasShanbhag@netapp.com>, Jonathan Wiltshire <jmw@debian.org>
Cc: debian-project@lists.debian.org <debian-project@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: Debian 11.10 release date enquiry

You don't often get email from adam@adam-barratt.org.uk. Learn why this is important

EXTERNAL EMAIL - USE CAUTION when clicking links or attachments

On Fri, 2024-04-26 at 00:07 +0000, Devidas Shanbhag, Amrutha wrote:

Thanks for your response. My bad, I should have mentioned that I did look at the releases page and found that the next point release 11.10 isn’t planned yet. Hence the query.

Historically, minor versions have been released roughly once every month.

You're miscounting. Updates to stable (currently Debian 12) are approximately once every two months. For oldstable (currently Debian 11) they're about once every four months, until it moves to being handled by the LTS team.

Regards,

Adam