Re: Splitting ZODB from Zope package

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis wrote:

> This is a good idea to me, and it's worth of trying: there are olso other
> packages which are included in Zope source for convenience (like ZPT, or ZEO)
> for which we can try as well.
In fact your plan to package ZEO separately was one reason for my posting.

> I do not agree on one thing though: the majority of Products for zope are
> python source code and so they are architecture independent. That's quite the
> same for other python modules. We should not store that files under /usr/lib but
> under /usr/share as stated in FHS.
Completely agreed here.  My suggestion was only made to keep compliance
with Python policy.

> We should change python policy to include /usr/share directory in sys.path as
> well as it was for /usr/local. (That would save at least 1/2 of python
> policy).
If we change Python policy according to this I would fully agree here.

> Very well, I intend to open a alioth project for collaborative maintainership
> of zope package and zope-related stuff. I most probably call it zope-packages
> and i'll use it for other zope packages i maintain. Any other developer
> joining will be apreciated.
Thanks again for your Zope efforts

       Andreas.

--
Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.
John F. Kennedy