Re: Python PATH problem

Le mercredi 03 janvier 2007 à 09:58 +0100, Vincent Danjean a écrit :
>   Hi,
>
>   I'm the maintainer of mercurial. At least one of the users has a
> problem with loading python modules.
>   Can someone look at bug #382252 ?
>
>   In short,
> echo 'import sys; print sys.path; from mercurial import bdiff' | python2.4
> works on my system, but not on its one.
> Both have '/var/lib/python-support/python2.4' in sys.path
> Both have /var/lib/python-support/python2.4/mercurial/bdiff.so a symlink to
> /usr/lib/python-support/mercurial/python2.4/mercurial/bdiff.so that is a
> "ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), stripped"
>
>   I do not know python enough to know what to do now. Does someone
> have any idea ? Can someone else reproduce the bug ?

mdiff.py does "import bdiff" which looks for bdiff.so in the same
directory. On your system, mdiff.py is is
in /var/lib/python-support/python2.4/mercurial/ which is the correct
place for packages handled by python-support, while on the user's system
it is in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mercurial/. Therefore you need
to understand how the file ended up in this place.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.