Major update of python-support

Hi,

I have just uploaded a new version of python-support to experimental. It
includes several major changes:
      * Installation directory moved from /var/lib/python-support
        to /usr/lib/pymodules
      * Public modules moved from /usr/share/python-support/$package
        to /usr/share/pyshared
      * Public extensions moved
        from /usr/lib/python-support/$package/pythonX.Y
        to /usr/lib/pyshared/pythonX.Y
      * Private modules are now handled per-file instead of
        per-directory, allowing exclusions and dealing better with
        packages sharing a private modules directory

I’m pretty confident that the existing packages will work correctly with
this new version since the runtime is still very robust (although of
course a surprise is always possible). Only the following packages are
expected to fail, and I will file bug reports so that a solution is
found before python-support goes to unstable:
        gnumed-client phenny pymol

However I wish I could be so sure about building packages, but the
metadata format has changed so you can expect some big failures. I have
used a few sample packages during my testing, but this is far from
enough.

As such, it would be very nice if people maintaining various kinds of
Python packages could test building them with the new version and see
whether the resulting packages actually work. This way, we could avoid
triggering dozens of FTBFS bugs when making the change.

Thanks,
--
 .''`.      Debian 5.0 "Lenny" has been released!
: :' :