Re: Is it worth back porting PEP 3147 to Python < 3.2?

[Barry Warsaw, 2010-05-05]
> On May 05, 2010, at 11:54 AM, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> >What do you think about backporting it to Python 3.1 in Squeeze?
[...]
> It sounds like a good idea.  A few questions:
>
> * Would you enable __pycache__ by default?

yes

> * If so, would you provide a command line option to disable it?

I'd not provide one unless someone here will shout loudly ;-)

[...]
> users of Python 3.1 might be surprised by the difference from upstream (the
> same questions apply to any back port to Python 2.x).

I want the same behaviour in all 3.X versions so that Debian developers
and users get used to __pycache__ and will not start writing
tools (that deal with .pyc files) for 3.X that will not work in
Squeeze+1 (with 3.2).