Re: Numpy API change?

Hi,
first of all: Barry, Yaroslav don't hijack threads :) this is about
numpy problems, and mixing messages about a possible, future, common
testing platform only generates a bit of confusion. Don't get me
wrong, it's an interesting topic, only discussed in the wrong thread.

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 23:56, Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> wrote:
> Hi Barry,
>
> While it is hot:
>
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> In my copious spare time <wink>, I'm working on code, documentation, and
>> infrastructure to make this the preferred way of testing Python modules and
>> applications.  You don't *have* to conform, but we'll put out big carrots for
>> you if you do.
>
> do you have somewhere any documentation available on this infrastructure
> so we could point upstreams to follow? are you recommending nose
> as the testing framework?

anyhow, since I'm at it: please don't force ANY testing tool; I kinda
like unittest2, and it's available in python2.7 stdlib, and it's also
backported to 2.4-2.6 (and even packaged for debian), and I don't want
to be forced to use nose for my upstream development.

Regards,