tahoe-lafs, python-zfec, and joining the team

Hi,

Micah, stefani and I intend to package tahoe-lafs into Debian.

Work has began on http://git.debian.org/?p=tahoe/tahoe.git;a=summary

We have a alioth project : https://alioth.debian.org/projects/tahoe/

Point is that it has a dependency on python-zfec, which is not in the
Debian archive, althought in Ubuntu.

So we'd be glad to help in getting it into Debian. Some work has been done
on porting the Ubuntu package into Debian, but we think this package would
benefit of co-maintainance together with you Debian python fellows. :)

It would probably fit into the Python Modules sub-team if I understand
correctly, even if it is shipped with two command line tools, zfec and
unzfec.

So, how should we proceed? Following the Debian wiki page, some of us
should join this list (done), join the alioth project, add
"python-modules-team@lists.alioth.debian.org" in the maintainer field and
then should be able to publish the sources somewhere for the pleasure of
your review. :)

Also, I'd prefer to use git to maintain the package sources as I'm more
familiar with maintaining packages this way. Is that possible? I'd still
might use git-svn though, but that would add some extra work.

I'm bertagaz-guest on alioth btw, or different alioth logins are visible
on the pkg-tahoe project page.

Thanks.

Bert.