Re: New python-qt4 upload to experimental

On Sunday, January 29, 2012 08:25:35 PM Simon McVittie wrote:
> On 29/01/12 05:28, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > 2.  It builds a new python3-pyqt4-dbus (and dbg) package that needs
> > python3- dbus which is only available in experimental at the moment.
>
> Thanks, I'd meant to ask if you could get that working but you were
> obviously way ahead of me :-)
>
> Did you build-depend on python-dbus-dev in addition to python-dbus and
> python3-dbus? If not, please do so in the next upload - at the moment
> python-dbus depends on python-dbus-dev as a transitional thing, but I'd
> like to stop doing that. Normally I'd wait til after wheezy, but the
> dbus-python C API is pretty niche (main loop integration and nothing
> else), so I believe python-qt4 is the only user of the header/pkgconfig
> in that package.

I had to re-upload it due to an error on my part, so I added this.

The binary name we ended up with is python3-dbus.mainloop.qt, so the python3-
dbus recommends will need updating in your next upload (your gues was quite
reasonable given the python package name, but we're taking advantage of new
packages in python3 to use Python pollicy compliant package naming (which the
python ones aren't).

Scott K