Re: Request to Join Project Python Modules Packaging Team from Mike Neish (neishm-guest)

* Mike Neish <neishm@atmosp.physics.utoronto.ca>, 2013-06-10, 18:15:
I would like to join the Python Modules Packaging Team in order to apply a patch for the "pydap" package (bug 709376).

I reproduced the bug, and the patch looks uncontroversial too me. (Although admittedly I didn't check if it actually fixes the problem.)

I would normally insist that the patch is forwarded (and, ideally, accepted) upstream first, but AFAICS upstream has changed the build system in the mean time, with the side effect that "dap" ends up in namespace_packages.txt as it should. (So effectively the bug is fixed upstream in Pydap 3.1.)

Sandro, are you okay with me adding Mike to the team, so the he can commit the patch?

--
Jakub Wilk