Re: RFS: python-keyring 1.4-1

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM, Sebastian Ramacher
<sramacher@debian.org> wrote:
> On 2013-06-14 14:55:58, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 2:34 AM, Sebastian Ramacher
>> <sramacher@debian.org> wrote:
>> > I'd put the script in /usr/share/doc/python-keyring or
>> > /usr/share/python-keyring. There's no need to put it in /usr/bin.
>>
>> It's now in /usr/share/python-keyring.
>
> I think lines 48 and 49 can be removed too.

As I said on IRC, if we drop these lines, removing of crypted_password
won't be saved.

>> > What's the status of all the other tests? Many tests are skipped because
>> > of missing dependencies.
>>
>> Gnome-keyring-daemon refuses to run in xvfb. As I do not know other
>> Secret Service implementations, it's currently impossible to test
>> GNOME and Secret Service backends (libsecret's upstream testsuite has
>> some code for mocking Secret Service, but I didn't yet have time to
>> test it).
>
> If we can't run them reliably I'd rather see them disabled.

These tests either succeed or are skipped — i.e. do not affect the
build. Why should we disable them?

>> Python-fs is too old in Debian (python-keyring needs at least 0.4), so
>> this test can't be run also.
>
> What about the gdata tests?

Gdata is a Google backend, so these tests do nothing when you don't
have an internet connection. Also (with my python-gdata maintainer hat
on), I would avoid adding any new (build-)dependencies on it because
it's mostly dead and unmaintained code.

> It currently FTBFS twice in a row:
> | dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
> |  python-keyring-1.4/keyring.egg-info/PKG-INFO
> |  python-keyring-1.4/keyring.egg-info/SOURCES.txt
> |  python-keyring-1.4/keyring.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
> |  python-keyring-1.4/keyring.egg-info/entry_points.txt
> |  python-keyring-1.4/keyring.egg-info/requires.txt
> |  python-keyring-1.4/keyring.egg-info/top_level.txt

Fixed by removing keyring.egg-info in clean target.

--
Dmitry Shachnev