Re: Using update-alternatives for /usr/bin provided binaries

Hi all,

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
> Though, #726255 still needs a resolution, and I would like to have the
> view of other Python module maintainers. Is using update-alternatives
> the way to go? Was my commit correct? Is there any other (better) way to
> do things here?

I agree with Thomas here. Update-alternatives is a good and standard
way to do such things. For example, we use it in sphinx and
python-docutils to provide tools like sphinx-build or rst2html.

However, I don't agree with giving this bug grave severity. There are
lots of ways to invoke coverage, i.e. using it from python, or using
existing scripts.

--
Dmitry Shachnev