HELP: dh_python2 fails to install files if an additional binary package is added

Hi,

I'm working on python-pysam in the Debian Med team at

   git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/pysam.git

The package was created nicely until I added an additional binary
package python-pysam-tests covering the test data in a separate file
(since it us usually not needed but might be helpful to test the data).

Once I have added the additional paragraph

  Package: python-pysam-tests

the main package python-pysam remains empty (except of the
   /usr/share/doc/python-pysam
directory.  I can reproduce this behavious by simply deleting the
python-pysam-tests paragraph in debian/control.

It seems that there is some problem in dh_python (or a related tool
which gets disturbed if you add an "unexpected" binary package not
covering any Python modules.

I'd like to discuss this here before filing a stupid bug report.

Any idea what might have happened?

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--