nose2 vs pytest (was: Python 2, Python 3, Stretch & Buster)

On Apr 23 2015, Barry Warsaw <barry@debian.org> wrote:
> There *are* however proven, stable tools that improve the Python coding and
> maintenance experience and for me, tox is one of those.  There are others,
> such as nose2, that I won't even start a new project without adopting from the
> first commit.

Are you by any chance also familiar with pytest and could same a few
word about pros/cons?

I've chosen pytest over nose1 because of the richer feature set for
writing tests, but I think in several cases pytest is suffering from its
own complexity (eg. https://bitbucket.org/pytest-dev/pytest/issue/635/).
Reading your comment I was wondering if nose2 might be a better choice,
but the nose2 manual wasn't very informative at all (I actually did not
found any information about how to write tests).

Best,
-Nikolaus