pip for stretch

Now that Stretch development is winding down, and I've been doing some recent
maintenance on pip, I wanted to throw this out there and see if anybody has
strong opinions one way or the other.

I'm considering sticking with pip 8.1.2 for Stretch, even though upstream is
at 9.0.1.

Here's the changelog: https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/news/

Note the backward incompatibility introduced in 9.0.0, though Donald tells me
that it's not a common use case so unlikely to be a problem.  pip 9 will be
the default version in Python 3.6, but that probably doesn't really matter for
us since python3.6 is in experimental.

pip 9 does include a feature that makes it easier for upstreams to drop Python
2, by allowing them to specify a requires-python parameter.  There's some
better automation features and a few other things.  See the changelog linked
above for details.

I have not started to look at what if anything needs to be done to transition
to pip 9, but if you have a strong opinion one way or the other, please weigh
in.

Cheers,
-Barry