Re: RFS: mu-editor and yotta dependencies

Le dimanche 30 décembre 2018 à 23:15:10+0000, Nick Morrott a écrit :
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 at 18:42, Pierre-Elliott Bécue <peb@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > Re,
> >
> > Actually, nudatus is a dependency of uflash.
>
> See below for my reasoning for adding python3-nudatus as a Recommends
> for python-uflash, rather than a hard Depends.
>
> > ## python-nudatus
> >
> > Uploaded.
>
> Awesome
>
> > ## python-uflash
> >
> > Uploaded, though installing it will be hard, as
> > firmware-microbit-micropython is missing and apt tries to fetch the
> > recommends too.
>
> nudatus is really an optional dependency of uflash, as minification is
> not essential. The uflash code checks to see if nudatus is available
> at runtime, and will disable minify if it is not available.

It's a build-dep of uflash (or at least you declared it that way), I was
mentionning the dependency in that way: I needed to build nudatus first.

> > ## python-guizero
> >
> > Uploaded.
>
> Awesome
>
> > ## mu-editor
> >
> > Hmmm.
> >
> > In the dependencies of the project are mentionned and imported:
> >
> > gpiozero
>
> Please see the request to provide the gpiozero package on non-armhf
> architectures at
>
> > pigpio
>
> Please see the RFP discussion for packaging pigpio at

Saw both. I was more interested in "are they mandatory for mu to work". It
seems that the answer is nope. :)

> > pynsist
>
> pynsist is a tool to build Windows installers

Ack.

Nah, that's why I wrote "+ some deps useful for testing". :)

> ii) pytest-random-order would be useful, especially for reproducibility.

Ack, I'll look into it when you're done (saw your ITP).

> *However*, since upstream Mu added the dependency back in 2018/03,
> upstream pytest-random-order 1.0.0+ disabled its "random by default"
> behaviour (2018/10). As such, the mu-editor tests are not currently
> randomised. This is a testing regression and I will report it, so that
> the forthcoming 1.0.2 release of Mu contains it.
>
> pytest-random-order is not actually packaged yet for Debian, so I could ITP it.
>
> > I don't see any of those three packages in debian right now. Is there a
> > reason you consider we don't need these?
>
> I have added notes about gpiozero/pigpio to d/control. pynsist does
> not seem necessary.

So they don't seem mandatory to you to have a working release of mu-editor?

I've uploaded the package.

Thanks for your thoroughness, and your contribution to Debian!

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2