Re: python3-(py)crypto(dome)?

On Sat, Dec 05, 2020 at 02:43:44PM +0100, Martin wrote:
> Dears,
>
> I'm a little confused about what the correct name for the
> binary package python3-pycryptodome should or will be.
Depends on the module name it provides.
So python3-cryptodome, it seems.

> Because https://bugs.debian.org/891619 talks about renaming it
> and/or providing python3-crypto.
If it doesn't provide a "crypto" module it shouldn't be named
python3-crypto.
I don't know what did the reporter mean in their first message.

> Package wokkel has changed the dependency from python3-crypto to
> python3-cryptodome, leading to #975748 and #975770.
The changelog entry says "Switch to python3-pycryptodome" but the control
field says "python3-cryptodome". This is a bug in python3-wokkel,
unrelated to the initial question here.

--
WBR, wRAR