Re: Generic Python packages which donʼt work on all architectures

On Thu, 2021-01-21 at 13:46 +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:
> I am still wondering why we don't have just empty some pseudo-
packages that are available only on specific architectures
> (or  groups of them, like linux, or little endian, or 64 bit or so).

To solve which problem?

Packages being installable don't mean that they can do anything useful
as they might, for example, require special hardware.  We don't have a
way to express "requires device ${X}" on a package level.

Ansgar