Re: [Help] Re: python-envisage: FTBFS: dh_auto_test: error: pybuild --test -i python{version} -p "3.10 3.9" returned exit code 13

Hi Scott,

thanks a lot for your hints.

Am Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 10:28:15PM -0500 schrieb Scott Talbert:
> I spent some time looking into this.  The problem is that upstream includes
> binary eggs (which are Python version specific) as part of its test suite.
> The problem here is that there are no eggs included for Python 3.10.
> Upstream is aware of this[1] but unfortunately, that patch can't be applied
> because it is a binary patch.  They have also later[2] removed the binary
> eggs completely, but that patch can't be applied either because it involves
> files that are not in the PyPI distribution.  The best solution might be do
> what Fedora did[3], but for that we'd probably have to switch to using a
> GitHub tarball instead of the PyPI tarball because the PyPI tarball is
> missing files.

I switched to Github downloads and followed the Fedora approach.
I'd be happy if you could review my changes[1].

Kind regards

     Andreas.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/python-envisage/-/commit/1498f59734676a667d7ba64a2cc622a5c4f07f7b

--