Re: a review of your bumblebee-status package

Here's another note:

On 6/6/22 10:49 AM, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
>  * i'm really not sure I like that C binary to fetch the keyboard
>    layout... surely there must be a more pythonic way of doing this? i
>    guess there's another layout-xkb module that does the right thing,
>    but it seems odd to have both there..

This is apparently an issue that upstream already knows about
(https://github.com/tobi-wan-kenobi/bumblebee-status/issues/790)
but hasn't done anything about for a year.
The fact that there shouldn't be a C binary here at all has just now
been reported by me:
https://github.com/tobi-wan-kenobi/bumblebee-status/issues/883

--
Ben Westover