Re: build package xrayutilities - wheel and pip with setuptools

On Tuesday, November 1, 2022 2:48:12 PM EDT Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 1, 2022 2:42:22 PM EDT PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel wrote:
> > > As far as I can see, the package doesn't ship any files in
> > > /usr/bin.
> > > Why do you need to build man pages (I'm assuming that's what
> > > that's for?  More generically, what problem did that step in the
> > > process solve that's not solved now?
> >
> > this is for the pyfai package which I need to update
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/pyfai
>
> I see.  I was confused by the subject saying this was about xrayutilities
> still.  I'll have a look.
>
> Scott K

It looks to me like the current pyproject.toml file for pyfai is not sufficient
to build the package, so I would tempted to keep what you have now.

For another package (weasyprint) where I have to build the man page from
Sphinx documentation myself, I use this to build it:

override_dh_installman:
	PYTHONPATH=.:$PYTHONPATH sphinx-build -b man docs debian
	dh_installman

Then weasyprint.manpages has:

debian/weasyprint.1

Their build_man command has a lot of moving parts, so pyfai may br more
complicated.

AScott K