Re: Help to package xdoctest

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 26, 2022 at 3:01 PM Bo YU <tsu.yubo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am packaging the xdoctest to meet ubelt's[0] B-D.
>
> Now I think it has a good shape in packaging[1], but I am not sure
> about below warning:
>
> ```
> W: python3-xdoctest: no-manual-page [usr/bin/xdoctest]
> P: xdoctest source: very-long-line-length-in-source-file 563 > 512
> [dev/outline.md:11]
> X: python3-xdoctest: application-in-library-section python [usr/bin/xdoctest]
> X: xdoctest source: debian-watch-does-not-check-openpgp-signature [debian/watch]
> X: python3-xdoctest: library-package-name-for-application [usr/bin/xdoctest]
>
> ```
>
> If so, I should add manpage for it.

Today I try to add -doc package to meet lintian's check, this should
also basic requirement
for Python packages including docs dir. But again I ran into the
problem with the dependency[0] to use
sphinx to generate html, especially since it needs ubelt, the xdoctest
package itself to meet its dependencies.
So what is the better way to solve the issue?

BR,
Bo

[0]: https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/xdoctest/-/blob/debian/main/docs/requirements.txt