De: Stefano Rivera <stefanor@debian.org>
Enviado: terça-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2022 11:39
Para: Bo YU <tsu.yubo@gmail.com>
Cc: debian-python <debian-python@lists.debian.org>
Assunto: Re: Help to package xdoctest

Hi Bo (2022.12.26_07:01:29_+0000)
> W: python3-xdoctest: no-manual-page [usr/bin/xdoctest]

Yeah, applications *should* have manual pages, but it's not required. If
you need more tooling to build the manpage, it can wait until those
tools are available in Debian.

> P: xdoctest source: very-long-line-length-in-source-file 563 > 512 [dev/outline.md:11]
> X: xdoctest source: debian-watch-does-not-check-openpgp-signature [debian/watch]

I'd ignore those.

> X: python3-xdoctest: application-in-library-section python [usr/bin/xdoctest]
> X: python3-xdoctest: library-package-name-for-application [usr/bin/xdoctest]

So, technically, xdoctest could be split into an xdoctest binary package
(the command) and python3-xdoctest (the library). Personally, I don't
bother to do that for niche tools like this. If it was a more
user-oriented package, then it could make more sense to split it.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/