Re: installation of script in a dedicated package

Hello Louis

> It seems the only thing this line does is to install /usr/bin/silx. This can be
> done 'manually' via
> dh_install (see man dh_install).

Yes it install only this script for now. I can do it by end. but in thaht case, I need to let python build the script from the entry point and then move it out of the pybuild directory.

> I personally tend to prefer having a file like 'debian/python3-silx.install'
> instead of having a
> 'dh_install' line in 'debian/rules', as it yields a 'cleaner' d/rules file.

I agree to disagree :). I like a lot the fact than I can see everythings going one for a package by opening
only one file. I am more productive this way. Especially when I work on lot's of packages. cut en past beetween rules files is a lot easyer.
the multipliction of the .install files seems to me a waste of time :).

les gouts et les couleurs :).

Cheers

Frederic and thanks for your time.