Re: Review of package dunamai

Louis-Philippe Véronneau <pollo@debian.org> writes:

> Hmm, whatever? It's really a matter of personal preferences. I tend to
> be lazy and not want to build on experimental because the sbuild script
> is more tedious... :)

Can I interest you in testing a wrapper script that I've been thinking
about sharing for a while now?  Basically it does a bunch of safety
checks and convenience things, then builds for the right distro, then
tags if the build was successful.  Thus far it's based on a gbp
paradigm, but some people on debian-backports said it would be nice if
it could take source packages as input.  Long-term, I'm not convinced
that it would be a good fit for devscripts or git-build-package, since
it's something in between.

As you noted, experimental is its own case, as are backports, stable
updates, security uploads, and I also don't like to think sbuild
incantations.  Maybe I should call the script dtrt-build? ;)

Cheers,
Nicholas