Re: first package questions (salsa repo in personal or team, debian/control maintainers, expected failing unit tests)

On Tue, Oct 03, 2023 at 11:52:58PM +0100, Carles Pina i Estany wrote:
> > upstream tests. Though I think it won't see your explicit `pytest -k` and
> > you should replace the override with a PYBUILD_TEST_ARGS var.
>
> Done this way:
> https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/python-cloudscraper/-/commit/78a83fbb0fe5fdfba78136921b919a11c8c9bc43
Now you don't need to override dh_auto_test, it should call pytest with
correct args automatically.

> pytest, as run automatically when having "Testsuite:
> autopkgtest-pkg-pybuild": runs in the directory
> "/tmp/autopkgtest-lxc.u3g8w1m_/downtmp/autopkgtest_tmp/build" doing
> "python3.11 -m pytest -k ...".
>
> The contents of the directory via "ls -l" can be seen here:
> https://salsa.debian.org/carlespina/python-cloudscraper/-/jobs/4766353#L357)
This gives 404.

> Because there is the sub-directory
> /tmp/autopkgtest-lxc.u3g8w1m_/downtmp/autopkgtest_tmp/build/cloudscraper
It shouldn't be there.

> : for what I can tell, pytest is running the tests with the code from
> /tmp/autopkgtest-lxc.u3g8w1m_/downtmp/autopkgtest_tmp/build/cloudscraper
> and not the installed package in
> /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/cloudscraper/ . Generally speaking, I
> prefer to use the installed code (as done via the basic "import").
Sure, autopkgtests need to use the installed code.