Re: Packages wrongly marked as FTBFS with Sphinx 7.1, docutils 0.20

Hi Thomas!

On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 01:27:22PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> See this message:
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1042585;msg=7
> and this comment from Dmitry Shachnev:
> # Dear Maintainers, I am going to upload Sphinx 7.2.6 to unstable next weekend.
> # That will make these packages FTBFS in sid, which is a release-critical bug.
> # The new docutils will be uploaded after Sphinx migrates to testing.

Yes, I wanted to warn in advance about the upcoming uploads and about the fact
that this upload will make the non-fixed packages RC-buggy.

The email sent by BTS should have included my comment. This is what I got:

----------8<----------

> # Dear Maintainers, I am going to upload Sphinx 7.2.6 to unstable next weekend.
> # That will make these packages FTBFS in sid, which is a release-critical bug.
> # The new docutils will be uploaded after Sphinx migrates to testing.
> severity 1042585 serious
Bug #1042585 [src:python-i3ipc] python-i3ipc: FTBFS with Sphinx 7.1, docutils 0.20...
Severity set to 'serious' from 'important'
[...]
---------->8----------

On Tue, Oct 31, 2023 at 01:08:34PM +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> I'm not really sure what's going on, but I saw many packages marked as
> RC buggy with Sphinx 7.1, docutils 0.20, however, both are still in
> Experimental, not in Unstable. I tried rebuilding those, and in built
> fine. I therefore closed the bugs.

On one of the closed bugs, I replied to you (#1043075).

What other bugs did you close? Will you mind if I reopen them, or you will do
that yourself?

Also, they built successfully in sid, i.e. with old Sphinx, right?

--
Dmitry Shachnev