Re: O: python-cryptography -- Python library exposing cryptographic recipes and primitives (documentation)

Le jeu. 29 févr. 2024 à 12:06, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> a écrit :
Hi,

as per bug #1064979 python-cryptography was orphaned.  Actually the
process of orphaninig is defined differently[1] by setting QA team as
maintainer.  In this case DPT remains maintainer but there is no
Uploader specified any more.  I personally will not add my ID as
Uploader.  I have added those team members who did uploads in the last
year in CC.

Good idea since I'm all right with helping to maintain it.
I did the 41 upgrade so I'm already familiar with it.

I'll AMAU unless someone is more motivated.
Source package python-cryptography-vectors needs the same treatment.

I tried to do some bug squashing anyway.  Since the latest version was
requested in bug #1063771 and this new version also closes #1064778
(CVE-2024-26130) (the other CVE-bug should have been closed in previous
upload) I decided to inject latest upstream, adapted the patches and
pushed to Git.  Unfortunately the package does not build as you can
verify in Salsa CI[1].
I admit I have no clue how to fix this but I hope someone can take over
from here.  I guess uploading to experimental first and see how it
plays nicely with its lots of rdepends makes sense here.

Version 42 needs some rust deps to be updated as well, last time I checked,
and I was in wait-and-see mode about those.

Jérémy