Privacy breach fixes in dh_installdocs (Was: Re: Status of pymodbus)

Hi Alexandre,

On 2024-04-22 11:06, Alexandre Detiste wrote:
Le lun. 22 avr. 2024, 09:57, Martin <debacle@debian.org <mailto:debacle@debian.org>> a écrit :

    1. privacy-breach-fixes.patch (I updated this, can push

These ones are annoying to maintain. I wish dh_installdocs would be smart enough to strip these tiny widget that are present in so many Readme.md on GitHub. They re quite formulaic and it could be done with a regexp (but dh is in Perl 😢).

Python and Perl REs are not that different, thus it should be easy to adapt them in dh_installdocs. I myself would greatly benefit from dh_installdocs being capable of dropping privacy breaching images from documentation.

Best,
Andrius